Check out this instructive post by Vivek Wadhwa, director of research at Duke University’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Research Commercialization. In it, he explores five myths about entrepreneurs:
- Typical U.S. tech entrepreneurs are in their 20s.
- Entrepreneurs are born, not made.
- College dropouts make the best entrepreneurs.
- Women can’t cut it in the tech world.
- Innovation requires venture capital.
These are myths, not facts.
There’s some interesting data in the article that debunks the conventional wisdom in some circles.
Photo by +Rex (Flickr).